One of the major causes of reduced AC efficiency is blocked airflow. The components responsible for fluent airflow are ducts, filters, and vents. When these parts are clogged with debris or have a dusty inner lining, your AC will struggle to cool effectively. Such a situation burdens the machine, which compels the system to use excessive energy.
Instead of searching for AC service in Diamond Springs, you can try a few other simple things to increase AC efficiency. First, you should know about the main factors that affect AC efficiency. Accordingly, you can locate the problem and use the following tips and tricks to prevent troubles.
Therefore, you can ensure that there is an unobstructed airflow by doing the following –
- Make sure no piece of furniture or any object is placed right in front of the vents.
- Use a hand vacuum to clean the vents and filters.
- Replace filters if needed.
- Call a technician to check and clear duct blocks.
Unblocking the ducts and filters will also improve indoor air quality.
Second, if your AC is taking too long to cool, one reason can be air leakage. Many times, due to wear and tear, the ducts loosen up or get cracks. This allows the cool air to exit midway, and your room does reach the desired temperature. The AC, in this case, will work under pressure to cool.
You Can Do the Following to Prevent Air Leaks –
- Call professionals to look for duct damage and repair it immediately.
- Close all the doors and windows of the room when using AC.
You can also use fans for better circulation of cool air in the room to unburden the AC.
Another enemy of an AC is the heat. If any part of the machine gets heated, the temperature sensors will get disturbed. Therefore, one may experience temperature fluctuations or inadequate cooling. You should also prevent the room from heating extra when using the AC.
- Keep condenser and thermostat away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the AC away from heating electronics like TV, refrigerator, computers, etc.
- Use light-blocking curtains to cool your indoors naturally.
- Use exhaust fans while cooking to throw out the warm air.
You can also use the dehumidifier to keep your indoors dry and improve cooling.
The best thing you can do is schedule a servicing session regularly. You can also get your system upgraded with advanced technology to make it sustainable and budget-friendly. Your trusted technician will guide you appropriately and fix issues before they become massive expenses.
If you want a contractor for an AC tune-up in Diamond Springs or nearby areas, Essential Air HVAC is the right place for you. They are the right people to consult for all the queries regarding repairs, replacement, new installation, and upgrades.
With an experience of over 35 years, the team of certified professionals is top-rated for the technical services in the area. They handle all sorts of residential and commercial HVAC projects at an economical rate.