Thermostat malfunction is one of the most common heating systems issues homeowners experience. This can lead to problems like uneven heating or cooling, untimely system failure, or increasing energy bills. These issues can even lead to an expensive system replacement. If your HVAC system is not performing efficiently, please call our HVAC professionals immediately for inspection and repairs. If you are in Diamond Springs, CA, you can trust Essential Air, as we have been one of the best heating companies providing various HVAC services for several years.
Signs That Indicate You Need A New Thermostat
- Home is either too hot or too cold: A broken thermostat makes it tough to keep your house warm. To test this, reduce the temperature slightly and observe what occurs. If it cannot keep the temperature stable, it is necessary to schedule maintenance or replace it.
- No thermostat reaction: You should hear an instantaneous reaction if you modify the temperature settings on your thermostat. If you switch on your heating system after adjusting the settings, you’ll hear clicking noises before it turns on. If your system does not respond after you make these modifications, you must replace your thermostat.
- Inaccurate display: Unless you have a programmed thermostat, your thermostat should include a display that shows the settings. If your display is blank, has missing information, or displays the incorrect temperature, it may require a replacement.
- High energy bills: Nobody likes high energy bills, but the issue isn’t always your power provider upping their prices or your system being used more due to hotter or colder weather. A broken thermostat may cause your system to run longer than necessary, increasing your electricity bill.
- Heating system incorrectly turning on/off: The primary purpose of your thermostat is to interact with your heating system. The issue might be with your thermostat if your air conditioning or heating is not responding to thermostat commands. The wiring within a thermostat can fray and get damaged, compromising the connection. If your thermostat abruptly switches on or off your heating, it may be time for a replacement.
- Thermostat replacement: Thermostats generally have a 10-year lifetime. If you have a non-programmable thermostat or one with a needle, it’s due for a replacement. The thermostat gets less efficient and more prone to malfunction as it ages.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it’s time to call Essential Air for a repair. We are experts in thermostat repair and replacement and can help you find the best solution for your home. For quick HVAC service, you can also search for “HVAC repair near me” to find out which HVAC companies are in your area.