If your furnace is not blowing hot air, it could be because the heating element is inadequate. It’s recommended to look out for signs of your furnace exhibiting symptoms of having trouble maintaining the temperature in your home. There are several ways to tell if your furnace’s heating element is not functioning effectively. If you’re having issues with your furnace’s efficiency, contact Essential Air for heating repair or furnace installation in Folsom, CA.
Signs That Your Furnace Is Failing
- Turning on and off: If your furnace keeps turning on and off, something in the system is likely preventing an entire heating cycle from being completed. The repetitive cycling might signal that the fan motor is failing or that the heat sensor needs to be cleaned. Unfortunately, it’s also an excellent example of those annoying symptoms that could signify various issues.
- Buildup of moisture: It may indicate that there isn’t enough ventilation in your home if some rooms have dampness on the walls, ceilings, or windows. Air that is stagnant or moist suggests that there may be an issue with the furnace’s vents or with the furnace itself.
- Increased utility bills: Your utility expenses may increase due to various factors. A furnace having trouble operating even in moderate temperatures may have more severe issues. First, you should examine the filter since a clogged filter will prevent your furnace from moving air efficiently. Your furnace will also have to work harder to accomplish even the slightest temperature adjustments. This is hard on your furnace and increases utility costs.
- Water overflows: It should come as no surprise that if there is a water pool near your furnace, there is a problem. The water condensate line may be clogged if you only notice the leak while your air conditioner is running. If this is the case, you are faced with a relatively straightforward solution. There may be a more significant issue if the water comes from the furnace itself or appears when it is heating.
- Multiple service calls: Throughout its lifetime, every furnace will need to be serviced and maintained. However, reoccurring issues should be considered as indicators of more severe ones. Suppose your furnace requires repeated repairs in less than two years. In that case, there is a significant likelihood that the problems are more serious.
Do not wait until minor issues turn into major repairs. If you are in Folsom, CA, please call us today or search for “heating repair near me” to get quick results in your area.
If you’re experiencing any problems, we’ll help you get your furnace back in working order. Essential Air has been providing top-quality HVAC services in Folsom, CA, for the past 35 years. Our experience and highly skilled technicians will have your heating and cooling unit back in perfect condition. Call us at (530) 296-1025 or visit our contact page to schedule the service you need.