A heat pump is an HVAC unit used for heating and cooling. The heat pump uses a refrigerant to absorb heat from the air outside and transfer it inside, or vice versa. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, it’s essential to have your heat pump regularly serviced to prevent any potential problems. If you are in Folsom, CA, and looking for the best heat pump contractor, Essential Air can help you keep your heat pump in quality condition while avoiding any major problems from occurring. Contact us today!
Typical Heat Pump Problems:
- Low Refrigerant Level: This can happen due to a refrigerant leak, and it will cause your heat pump to work harder to heat or cool your home. If not addressed, it can lead to system failure.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils: This is usually caused by low refrigerant levels but can also be due to dirty air filters or airflow issues. It will reduce the heat pump’s ability to heat or cool your home effectively.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: Dirt and debris can build up on the condenser coils, which reduces their ability to heat or cool properly. TYou can remedy this with regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Electrical Issues: Heat pumps rely on electricity to run, so any electrical problems can cause them to malfunction. This could be due to issues with the wiring, circuit breakers, or other components.
- Thermostat Problems: If your thermostat is not working properly, it can prevent your heat pump from turning on or cause it to cycle on and off frequently. This can lead to higher energy bills and decreased comfort in your home.
- Problems with the Air Handler: The air handler is in charge of distributing air throughout your home. If it is not working properly, your heat pump will not be able to heat or cool your home effectively.
- Damaged Condenser Coils: The condenser coils to heat the refrigerant in the heat pump. If damaged, it can cause your heat pump to work harder to heat or cool your home. This can lead to premature wear and tear on the system and increase energy bills.
- Restricted Airflow Elaborate: When the airflow is restricted, it can cause the heat pump to overheat. If there is restricted airflow around the heat pump, it can cause the unit to overheat. This can be caused by things like leaves and debris around the unit or a dirty air filter.
We have your back if you are experiencing any problems with your heat pump. Essential Air is among Folsom, CA‘s best heat pump and furnace companies. We are trained and experienced in any heat pump and HVAC repair and replacement. Our highly skilled technicians can help you get your heat pump back up and running quickly. Call us at (530) 296-1025 to schedule a service.