You can keep your HVAC system running for a long time if you maintain it well. However, skipping maintenance can significantly reduce the average life of your AC unit. It is likely that your air conditioner will not last its expected lifespan and will need to be replaced early.
To ensure that your unit lasts as long as possible, you should take good care by scheduling regular AC tune-ups in Diamond Springs.
How Is The Lifespan Of An AC System Determined?
Depending on various factors, air conditioners can last up to 10 years, while HVAC systems can last up to 30 years. Several factors can affect the lifespan of your air conditioner
- The Frequency of Use
Several variables determine the answer. Usage is perhaps the most important factor. The wear-and-tear of the system increases as you use it more frequently. Heavy usage doesn’t doom a cooling system, but neglecting regular AC service in Diamond Springs will lead to system failure.
- The Size
Your primary consideration should be the size of your space when choosing an air conditioner. You should make sure your home is equipped with an AC that is the right size. Cooling a larger area with a less powerful model requires the unit to work harder. An overly large system, however, will start and stop too frequently. As a result, the AC’s components wear out more quickly.
- Geographic Location
It is also important to consider where you live to determine how long your equipment will last. A unit installed in an area with a much cooler climate won’t get as much use as one in a hot and humid area.
Running an air conditioner round-the-clock causes it to wear out and strain over time. Despite good maintenance and regular tune-ups, equipment used only for one season of the year is more likely to fail sooner. In addition, living near salt water can shorten condenser unit life.
A Guide To Extending The Average Life Of An Air Conditioner
It is recommended that your cooling system undergoes preventative maintenance every year, by our professional AC tune-up service provider in Diamond Springs.
- Performing preventative maintenance helps your cooling system run more efficiently, repairs defects before they cause further damage, and counteracts the effects of wear and tear.
- Replace your air conditioning filter regularly, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, or sooner if necessary. The air conditioner performs best when the air filters are clean, allowing air to flow correctly.
- A minimum clearance of 24 inches should be maintained around your exterior air conditioning unit to facilitate proper airflow. It is not a good idea to store things in the close vicinity of outdoor units.
- Call our AC service technician in Diamond Springs immediately for repairs when your air conditioner malfunctions. Using a malfunctioning system can lead to extensive damage and even irreparable failures.
- Ensure your thermostat is set to an energy-efficient setting to reduce the use of your AC system. Using less energy and running your air conditioner more efficiently will save you money and prolong the system’s life.